RE: [patch 2.6.12-rc3] dell_rbu: Resubmitting patch for new Dell BIOS update driver

From: Abhay_Salunke
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 09:53:25 EST

Greg,

> Also, what's wrong with using the existing firmware interface in the
> kernel?
request_firmware requires the $FIRMWARE env to be populated with the
firmware image name or the firmware image name needs to be hardcoded
within the call to request_firmware. Since the user is free to change
the BIOS update image at will, it may not be possible if we use
$FIRMWARE also I am not sure if this env variable might be conflicting
to some other driver.

Thanks
Abhay