Re: Again: UML on s390 (31Bit)

From: Bodo Stroesser
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 10:48:21 EST

Martin Schwidefsky wrote:
BTW: I still can't see any loop in the kernel, that could call
do_signal() multiple times without returning to user in between.
For my understanding: do I miss something? If so, where is the loop?

do_signal sets up a signal frame for the user. It returns from it
by an svc and then another signal could be pending. It's not really
a loop. For every signal frame you end up at least once in user space
because we avoid creating multiple signal frames on the user stack.
Yeah. That's what I saw.

Each time when the kernel is entered again and a signal is pending,
do_signal() will be called on return to user with regs->trap setup
freshly. So, I still believe the patch doesn't have *any* effect.

Regards
Bodo

blue skies,
Martin

Martin Schwidefsky
Linux for zSeries Development & Services
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH