Re: Again: UML on s390 (31Bit)

From: Martin Schwidefsky
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 10:46:01 EST

> BTW: I still can't see any loop in the kernel, that could call
> do_signal() multiple times without returning to user in between.
> For my understanding: do I miss something? If so, where is the loop?

do_signal sets up a signal frame for the user. It returns from it
by an svc and then another signal could be pending. It's not really
a loop. For every signal frame you end up at least once in user space
because we avoid creating multiple signal frames on the user stack.

blue skies,
Martin

Martin Schwidefsky
Linux for zSeries Development & Services
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH