Re: Again: UML on s390 (31Bit)

From: Martin Schwidefsky
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 10:55:48 EST

> Each time when the kernel is entered again and a signal is pending,
> do_signal() will be called on return to user with regs->trap setup
> freshly. So, I still believe the patch doesn't have *any* effect.

Oh, the patch does have an effect for the debugger. If the debugger
stopped on the sys_sig_return system call and does e.g. an inferior
function call, then the kernel might want to restart a system call
that isn't there because the debugger did a "jump" but could not
change regs->trap.

blue skies,
Martin

Martin Schwidefsky
Linux for zSeries Development & Services
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH