Re: Kernel SCM saga..

From: Paul Mackerras
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 04:21:45 EST

Andrew Morton writes:

> The problem with those is letting other people get access to it. I guess
> that could be fixed with a bit of scripting and rsyncing.

Yes.

> (I don't do that for -mm because -mm basically doesn't work for 99% of the
> time. Takes 4-5 hours to out a release out assuming that nothing's busted,
> and usually something is).

With -mm we get those nice little automatic emails saying you've put
the patch into -mm, which removes one of the main reasons for wanting
to be able to get an up-to-date image of your tree. The other reason,
of course, is to be able to see if a patch I'm about to send conflicts
with something you have already taken, and rebase it if necessary.

Paul.