Re: Kernel SCM saga..

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 03:52:15 EST

David Woodhouse <dwmw2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One feature I'd want to see in a replacement version control system is
> the ability to _re-order_ patches, and to cherry-pick patches from my
> tree to be sent onwards.

You just described quilt & patch-scripts.

The problem with those is letting other people get access to it. I guess
that could be fixed with a bit of scripting and rsyncing.

(I don't do that for -mm because -mm basically doesn't work for 99% of the
time. Takes 4-5 hours to out a release out assuming that nothing's busted,
and usually something is).