Re: Burning CD's and 2.6.9

From: Glendon Gross
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 11:09:27 EST

I just successfully made a data DVD using 2.6.9 and growisofs. So I know that the lockups I had experienced were either a fluke or due
to problems with cdrecord.

I think you are right, that growisofs calls mkosifs which cannot make audio CD's. So at least I know this is not a driver issue. Most likely the
problems I have been having were due to cdrecord.

Regards,

Glendon Gross

Jan Dittmer wrote:

Glendon Gross schrieb:

I've been using growisofs for quite some time now, but I haven't yet tested it under 2.6.9. Is it possible to make audio CD's with growisofs? If it is, then I really don't need cdrecord at all.

Sorry didn't test it. But I think the answer is no, as it just
calls mkisofs to get an iso which in turn is not capable of creating
audio cds?

Jan

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Glendon Gross

Jan Dittmer wrote:

Glendon Gross wrote:

When I initially posted the problem, I had no /dev/hdc device but now I have cleared that up by commenting out
the "append hdc=ide-scsi" line in /etc/lilo.conf. I still need to do more testing to determine the cause of the lockups
I have been getting when trying to burn CD's under 2.6.9 with cdrecord. I may be using the wrong version of
cdrecord, but I noticed that the syntax "cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc" does work, and is able to talk to the DVD writer.

You should also try growisofs from the dvd+rw-tools package. It works
great for me burning dvds.

Jan