Re: Burning CD's and 2.6.9

From: Glendon Gross
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 22:47:57 EST

After I commented out the "append hdc=ide-scsi" line in /etc/lilo.conf and rebooted,
the /dev/hdc device does show up. I was able to begin burning a CD with cdrecord using
cdrecord -v dev=/dev/hdc -audio -pad filename.wav. However, in the middle of the burning
process, I experienced a hard lock up in which the machine did not respond to switching virtual consoles with
CTRL+ALT+F2. This lockup has happened to me twice now, and I am still testing to determine if this
is a problem in cdrecord or a linux kernel issue with 2.6.9.

Regards,

Glendon Gross

Jesper Juhl wrote:

Glendon Gross wrote:

I just built 2.6.9 and have been playing with the config to try to enable
support for my EMPREX 8x DVD burner. It works exceptionally well under
2.4.26. I can use cdrecord and also growisofs to make audio and data
DVD's.

[...]

I've set up a lilo config menu to boot 2.6.9 or 2.4.26 because the device
is not recognized under 2.6.9. When it is recognized, I get a warning
that ide-scsi is deprecated for cd recording.

Does it work if you don't use ide-scsi ?