From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 01:30:17 EST

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 11:02:01PM -0700, Hans Reiser wrote:
> I just want to remind that no one has been able to offer a good way of
> handling attributes/streams/metafiles other than reiser4 in which
> CTRL-XCTRL-Ffilename within emacs to edit the stream/attribute/metafile
> will work without modifying the emacs source. David Masover is right
> that there are far more application writers than kernel hackers, and we
> should make the kernel more complicated if it makes a few thousand apps
> simpler.

This thread is getting a bit soft on technical details and/or value.

Hans, please post the results of fsstress (the bits from ext3 cvs) on
reiser4 on SMP machines of non-i386 architectures (e.g. ppc64, sparc64,
ia64) as well as the results of transferring reiser4 filesystems
between machines whose PAGE_SIZE, wordsize and endianness vary.

-- wli