From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 17:42:01 EST

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 11:28:06PM -0700, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> This thread is getting a bit soft on technical details and/or value.
> Hans, please post the results of fsstress (the bits from ext3 cvs) on
> reiser4 on SMP machines of non-i386 architectures (e.g. ppc64, sparc64,
> ia64) as well as the results of transferring reiser4 filesystems
> between machines whose PAGE_SIZE, wordsize and endianness vary.

Okay, sounds like time to run these tests and post the results myself.

Hans, these things should be part of your standard QA. It would likely
make a better impression if there were some record of these kinds of
things having been successfully tested prior to your releases. For
future reference, Andrew, Christoph, myself, and others can provide
more detailed references to suites of stress tests and various kinds of
tests filesystems should pass before being considered stable, and we
(it's a relatively safe presumption that I speak for all of us when I
say this) would appreciate this kind of testing in the future.

-- wli