From: Hans Reiser
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 01:03:44 EST

I just want to remind that no one has been able to offer a good way of handling attributes/streams/metafiles other than reiser4 in which CTRL-XCTRL-Ffilename within emacs to edit the stream/attribute/metafile will work without modifying the emacs source. David Masover is right that there are far more application writers than kernel hackers, and we should make the kernel more complicated if it makes a few thousand apps simpler.