Re: 2.6.8-rc1 and before: IO-APIC + DRI + RTL8139 = Disabling EthernetIRQ

From: Auzanneau Gregory
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 05:58:34 EST

Francois Romieu a écrit :
> Auzanneau Gregory <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> :
> [...]
>
>>This seems change nothing. So, as you requested, I join my complete
>>dmesg and lspci.
>

> [...]
>
> Two more questions:
> - does the same kernel perform better if you append "acpi=off" on the
> kernel boot command line ?

acpi works great, for correct use I append "noapic" on the kernel boot
command line.

> - is there a known latest working 2.6.x kernel with acpi enabled for your
> hardware ?

I'me using acpi since 2.6.0-test3 without problem, but never test with
io-apic before because, it's the first time I need an SMP kernel.
(2.6.6 kernel of Knoppix 3.4 has the same problem on my computer)

> (I assume you meant acpi instead of io-acpi in your former message ?)

I'm not sure, but I think acpi works fine.

Thank you all for the good work with linux, keep up with it ! :)

--
Auzanneau Grégory
GPG 0x99137BEE