Re: Spelling in 2.6.2

From: vda
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 04:39:08 EST

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 22:09, Michael Hayes wrote:
> Relax, this is not a spelling patch.
>
> I was curious how fast spelling errors flow into the kernel, so I
> looked at the + lines in the 2.6.2 patch. A few of the errors
> already existed, but most of them are new. It turns out that there
> are around 200 new spelling errors in 2.6.2.
>
> A "wether" (castrated goat) has appeared, along with a "Rusell" that
> should be stamped out before it spreads. Someone had a dreadful time
> with "technology" and its variants, spelling it wrong 9 different ways.
>
> Here's what I found:
>
> File Error Should be #

:))

Before all the bizzare mispels are dealed with, let me
beg for "dont" and "cant" be pardoned. We dont enforce
"double space after period" and "always terminate log messages
with a period" rules, because those do no good and
cant lead to misinterpretations anyway.
Dunno why, but /me thinks the same applies to donts and cants.

And I just feel that ' is a string delimiter and "don't" hurts
my eye.
--
vda