Re: Error mounting root fs on 72:01 using Promise FastTrak TX2000(PDC20271)

From: Walt H
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 20:36:49 EST

Nicklas Bondesson wrote:
> Now I'm sucessfully booting my system with the 2.4.23 kernel using only one
> of the drives (hde). There is not a single line in the logs that says
> anything about the Promise ATARAID driver is beeing fired up, so my guess is
> that it doesn't load if no one is calling on it. When I try to boot from the
> RAID it dies right after the "NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux"
> message. I think it's when the ATARAID driver is about to fire up. I have no
> idea at all what to do now. It must have something to do with the hard
> drives since this is the only thing that has changed. Maybee I'm missing
> some important kernel setting option or so? (I don't think so, but one never
> know for sure). Also what have changed in the Promise / ATARAID since
> 2.4.18?.
>
> /Nicke

Not sure what else to tell you. If the pdcraid driver is compiled into the
kernel, you'll get a message about it during boot, even if it can't find all the
drives. I no longer use the 2.4 kernel series (or pdcraid), so I'm afraid I'm
out of ideas. Maybe somebody else on the list has some other things to try. Sorry.

-Walt