RE: Error mounting root fs on 72:01 using Promise FastTrak TX2000 (PDC20271)

From: Nicklas Bondesson
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 19:11:43 EST

Now I'm sucessfully booting my system with the 2.4.23 kernel using only one
of the drives (hde). There is not a single line in the logs that says
anything about the Promise ATARAID driver is beeing fired up, so my guess is
that it doesn't load if no one is calling on it. When I try to boot from the
RAID it dies right after the "NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux"
message. I think it's when the ATARAID driver is about to fire up. I have no
idea at all what to do now. It must have something to do with the hard
drives since this is the only thing that has changed. Maybee I'm missing
some important kernel setting option or so? (I don't think so, but one never
know for sure). Also what have changed in the Promise / ATARAID since
2.4.18?.

/Nicke