Re: 2.7 thoughts

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 13:33:00 EST

On 2003-10-10T08:30:03,
Kevin Corry <kevcorry@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

> On Friday 10 October 2003 01:19, Stuart Longland wrote:
> > - Software RAID 0+1 perhaps?

Because RAID 0+1 is a rather bad idea. You want RAID 1+0. Make up the
fault matrix and simulate what happens if drives fail.

We can do both though, as Kevin pointed out. So if you want to shot
yourself in the foot, in the best Unix tradition, we allow you to ;)

I'd suggest moving this to the linux-raid list though.

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>

--
High Availability & Clustering ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SuSE Labs try again. fail again. fail better.