Re: 2.7 thoughts

From: Kevin Corry
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 08:36:42 EST

On Friday 10 October 2003 01:19, Stuart Longland wrote:
> - Software RAID 0+1 perhaps?
>
> A lot of hardware RAID cards support it, why not the
> kernel? By RAID 0+1 I mean mirror-RAIDing two (or more)
> stripe-RAID arrays. (Or can this be done already?)

This can be done already. For example, you have six drives, sd[a-f]. Create
md0 (raid-0) using sda, sdb, and sdc. Create md1 (raid-0) using sdd, sde, and
sdf. Then create md2 (raid-1) using md0 and md1. This setup can easily be
accomplished using evms, mdadm, or raidtools.

--
Kevin Corry
kevcorry@xxxxxxxxxx