Re: Spam/LKML

From: Andre Tomt
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 13:21:39 EST

Justin Piszcz wrote:

I use qmail here.

It appears to be a manifestation at least at the surface, 90%+ are
140-160KB emails w/microsoft stuff only, I have not noticed any weird
things in the qmail logs recently.

One has to wonder though why such intense targetting happens, 10-15
e-mails to my address only two hours after I sent an e-mail to LKML.

The previous day, I only had received about 3-4 of them.

It would seem like it would be a lot of work for people to constantly hit
archives of LKML to get e-mail addresses to spam, I wonder if there are
malicious people on the list scurrying e-mail addresses for spam targets.

One obvious answer is Microsoft Windows users infected with Swen/Gibe-F/Automat.AHB subscribed to this list. It's just one of those mail worms, same old all over again.

--
Mvh,
André Tomt