Re: Ingo Molnar and Con Kolivas 2.6 scheduler patches

From: Rahul Karnik (rahul@genebrew.com)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 12:00:12 EST

Ed Sweetman wrote:

> I'd really wish people would use examples other than a single player to
> generalize the performance of the kernel.

I must wholeheartedly agree. I have not tried any of the interactivity
work yet, but it is clear that your particular experience will depend on
the specific test application used. For instance, using net-rhythmbox to
play mp3s causes skips every time a web page is loaded, but it does not
happen with xmms. Perhaps we should write down the various interactivity
tests people have come up with, so that Con/Ingo/whoever else can test
their work to some extent.

Thanks,
Rahul