Re: Ingo Molnar and Con Kolivas 2.6 scheduler patches

From: Ed Sweetman (ed.sweetman@wmich.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 06:24:15 EST

I'd really wish people would use examples other than a single player to
generalize the performance of the kernel. For all you know xmms's
decoder for the type of music you listen to could be written unoptimally
to put it as nice as possible. If all players and different types of
pcm audio decoders are skipping in the situations you experience then
that's different, but i hardly think that will be the case as it is not
with me nor, ever has been that i can remember (maybe in early 2.3.x).