Re: What's left over.

From: Shawn (core@enodev.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 14:14:28 EST

On 11/01, Larry McVoy said something like:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 11:16:20AM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> > On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Alexander Viro wrote:
> > > It's not a fscking public service. Linus has full control over his
> > > tree. You have equally full control over your tree. Linus can't
> > > tell you what patches to apply in your tree. You can't tell Linus
> > > what patches he should apply to his.
> >
> > I'm sorry it _is_ a public service. Once tens of people started
> > contributing to it, it became one.
>
> Pat, the public service that Linus provides is doing exactly what he does.
> He's acting as a filter. You may or may not agree with the things he

cat name-your.patch | Linus --please-dont-delete-your-inbox-again

--
Shawn Leas
core@enodev.com

My friend has a baby. I'm recording all the noises he makes so later I can ask him what he meant. -- Stephen Wright - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/