Re: What's left over.

From: Rusty Russell (rusty@rustcorp.com.au)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 16:33:18 EST

In message <3DC171FF.5000803@nortelnetworks.com> you write:
> Ideally I would like to see a dump framework that can have a number of
> possible dump targets. We should be able to dump to any combination of
> network, serial, disk, flash, unused ram that isn't wiped over restarts,
> etc...

Both the lkcd and ide mini-oopser have that (although the mini-oopser
has only x86-ide for now).

The mini-oopser has different aims than LCKD: they want to debug one
system, I want to make sure we're reaping OOPS reports from those 99%
of desktop users who run X and simply reboot when their machine
crashes once a month.

I did *not* put the mini-oopser on the Snowball list, because I don't
have time to polish it.

Rusty.