Re: linux-2.5.4-pre1 - bitkeeper testing

From: Paul P Komkoff Jr (i@stingr.net)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 16:23:24 EST

Replying to Tom Lord:
> Arch will certainly need to be tuned for kernel hackers and perhaps
> customized. Some systems are still effected by portability bugs (arch
> has been out for barely a month) Yes: because it is new, it isn't as
> "off the shelf" a solution as bk. Nevertheless, arch is self hosting,
> rich in features, and has properties that I think are ideal for
> projects such as the kernel. So if there is to be a shift among
> kernel developers to coordinating with a source code management tool,
> one question is whether the effort should be directed toward deploying
> bk, or towards helping to optimize arch for their use.

Today I played some interesting games with source code control systems since
I'vent got a sexual partner to play with him. But I don't satisfied with
ever :(((

First, cvs. Marcelo uses cvs :))) I using cvs in some places ... just to use
it. It lacks renaming, it lacks ... many features :(

BitKeeper ... maybe larry should consider increasing single user repository
from 1000 files to at least 12000 ? the kernel will fit well in it - I don't
wanna my experiments be published on site. It will confuse people browsing
it - believe me :)

Also bitkeeper ... I don't use X. and without damn renametool I cannot do
proper renaming :(((

aegis cruiser is a good unit in Red Alret 2, and I fear aegis. Installed it,
and just removed ...

... and finally, arch. translate it deutch-to-english, please

What I need definitely - to have several branches in scs - one for
marcelo's, one for ac, one for mjc and several for my experiments

say, marcelo release new patch -pre2 against base-0, but I already have
base-0 and patch-1 (pre1), WHAT exactly I must do to add patch-2 to marcelo
branch ?

when I derive my branch from for example patch-1 what I must do to attempt
to update my branch and (prompt to resolve merge conflicts) and then
continue working on my patch ?

And finally - I got the patch against some revision. Maybe I know it's order
(this is -pre8 it's after -pre7 but patch is against base), maybe not, maybe
unknown at all. Where is the handle to pull ?

--
Paul P 'Stingray' Komkoff 'Greatest' Jr // (icq)23200764 // (irc)Spacebar
  PPKJ1-RIPE // (smtp)i@stingr.net // (http)stingr.net // (pgp)0xA4B4ECA4