RE: 512 Mb DIMM not detected by the BIOS!

From: Daniel J Blueman (daniel.blueman@btinternet.com)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 16:25:44 EST

Hey Benny,

This is a chipset problem. Chipsets support up to x CAS (column) lines
and y RAS (row) lines, and depending on your DIMM memory module layout
and configuration, you 512MB DIMM will be detected as a different sized
module.

Eg. The venerable Intel 440BX (PII) chipset supports a max of 256MB per
slot. Ah well.

Since it's a chipset (ie hardware) issue, it's not possible to work
around this problem - you need a newer chipset. Sorry.

Dan