512 Mb DIMM not detected by the BIOS!

From: Benny Sjostrand (gorm@cucumelo.org)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 18:55:18 EST

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this mailinglist so please tellme if you think i'm "out of
topoic".

I've have trouble with the following issue:
On two x86 machines, one AMD k62 and a Pentium the Bios dont wont to
detect properly a 512 MB PC133 DIMM, the K62 based it dont detect it at
all, and on the PII it detect it as a 128MB DIMM.
I suspect that's the BIOS that "sucks", not the HW, i supose that the HW
is capable to deal with 512MB DIMM's, so my question to you
"kernel-gurus", is there any posibility to configure the Linux kernel to
bypass the BIOS and actually use my 512MB ?

Thanks!

/Benny