Re: pivot_root and initrd kernel panic woes

From: vda (vda@port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua)
Date: Sat Dec 15 2001 - 21:32:31 EST

On Saturday 15 December 2001 15:59, Mike Galbraith wrote:

> > > Hmm.. works here with 2.5.1-pre8.
> > >
> > > -Mike
> > > RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 12288K size 1024 blocksize
> > > RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
> > > Freeing initrd memory: 5161k freed
> > > MINIX-fs: mounting unchecked file system, running fsck is recommended.
> > > VFS: Mounted root (minix filesystem).
> > > Freeing unused kernel memory: 236k freed
> >
> > I'd like to try it, can you send a .config?
>
> .config?.. normal config with initrd+ramdisk+minix in kernel.

Yes. I want to take .config file from your kernel tree
for testing.

> > Have you tried it with minix initrd from
> >
> > http://port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua/linux/vda/minix.gz
>
> No, I converted my 'fire department' initrd to minix and booted that.

I'll compile 2.5.1-pre8 here and try to boot my initrd.
If it boots ok, it would mean there is no problem with kernel
(i.e. my fault), if it won't, that will imply that _some_ minix initrds
are affected. Hope you got the idea...

BTW, is it possible for you to place your initrd on some publicly accessible
ftp/http server?

--
vda