fsx for Linux showing up reiserfs problem?

From: Dave Jones (davej@suse.de)
Date: Sat Dec 15 2001 - 10:40:29 EST

Hi folks,
 After reading the article at http://www.kerneltrap.com/article.php?sid=415&mode=thread&order=0
on the FreeBSD guys finding a bunch of NFS bugs with a stress tool,
I took a look at fsx and played with it a little under Linux..

The changes to make it work are trivial, and are at
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/cruft/fsx-linux.c
(non-existant include & expected mmap() behaviour differences)

I've done a few tests on local filesystems, and so far Ext2 & Ext3
seem to be holding up..

Reiserfs however dies very early into the test..

  truncating to largest ever: 0x3f15f
  READ BAD DATA: offset = 0x1d3d4, size = 0x962f
  OFFSET GOOD BAD RANGE
  0x1d3d4 0x177d 0x0000 0x 563
  operation# (mod 256) for the bad data unknown, check HOLE and EXTEND ops

Options used were ./fsx -c1234 /mnt/test/testfile
(Although it seems to crash with any -c option)

Looks like an interesting tool, and probably something that should
be added to testsuites like Cerberus.

regards,
Dave.