Kernel size

From: rohit prasad (linuxlist@visto.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 23:38:00 EST

Hi,

I re-compiled linux from the /usr/src/linux-2.4.x directory and included only the NTFS support read only to the newly compiled kernel the remaining defaults were untouched and created and installed as modules using make modules and make modules_install.

But whatever bzImage that I got and moved to /boot and updated the lilo.conf for this new image and ran lilo I got a warning "Fatal kernel too big "

I am unable to debug this problem .
After compilation and final image is generated the make returns following comments ,
What do they mean,
Root Device (3, 5)
system 1137KB
setup is 4648kB