non-hackers

From: Michael Menegakis (michail@manegakis.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 20:49:33 EST

Since I'm not a kernel expert and absolutely not a kernel hacker I'd like to
submit my thoughts that may be proven usefull to all you maintainers. I
believe there is a need for a message board that everyone could submit bugs
of the kernel after being informed by a help file on how exactly this should
be done. I really don't feel we, the kernel users, should spend your valuable
time and post these here, as well as we need a help site that tells us how
exactly we should submit our kernel issues. And anyway, to be informed how we
can recognize what is actually a bug and what is a user fault from an easy to
read web site.

I find it too difficult for us, the average kernel users, to have to read
books and books of documendation - and eventually become hackers - when there
would be a site that covers this step by step and doesn't need to much efford
on research. Please let me know if you do care at all anyway, or you're only
concerned about -your- bug discoveries (I'm not implying anything, let me
add).

Anyway

- let me know.