Re: aacraid success with 2.4.17-pre8. Intentional?

From: Matt (matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 17:41:04 EST

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 10:28:40PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I've just tried the latest 2.4.17-pre8 kernel, and it works, in that
> > it gets passed the fsck'ing. I couldn't see anything in the changelog that
> > screamed "Fix fsck hang with aacraid", so I was wondering if my working
> > setup is intentional or not? I haven't followed the development of this
> > driver too closely, I just had the card and downloaded the latest "stable"
> > release and went from there...
>
> The later fixes I applied (and Matt Domsch's fixes too) don't really do
> anything that would explain this.

That was what I was afraid of. :-)

The only other kernel that I have tried was 2.4.7, from a Slackware 8.0
bootdisk, found at http://www.alphacent.com/opensource, which I needed to use
to be able to install the system. I then used this kernel as a temporary
measure for booting, no problems with it either, but I guess a lot has
changed since then...

Is there anything I can do to help? I can provide the kernel config if that
would be useful, (I can't get at it until tomorrow morning), which is the same
one I used on all three kernel builds. The box isn't in production use,
(funny, that), so I can run some tests if needs be.

Cheers

Matt

--
"Phase plasma rifle in a forty-watt range?"
"Only what you see on the shelves, buddy"