possible bug with RAID

From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk (roy@karlsbakk.net)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 13:33:14 EST

hi

I have this pc with a promise udma133 tx2 controller, having one 120G
drive per channel. I'm benchmarking this, using some 50 'dd if=file[1..50]
of=/dev/null' to simuate my application. This will work for a few seconds,
giving me pretty good i/o speed, but then all the processes go defunct and
stay like that some minutes (i really don't know how long).

I tried to do the bechmark with the individual drives, and no problem
there...

Anyone have a clue?

Configuration:
- Promise 133 TX2 (20269 manually patched in. Just made som defines to
  alias it to the 20268)
- 2 WD1200BB drives (hde and hdg)

/etc/raidtab:

raiddev /dev/md0
        raid-level 0
        nr-raid-disks 2
        persistent-superblock 0
        chunk-size 4096

        device /dev/hde
        raid-disk 0
        device /dev/hdg
        raid-disk 1

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, MCSE, MCNE, CLS, LCA

Computers are like air conditioners. They stop working when you open Windows.