Re: Upgrade to 2.4.16 produces "Kernel panic: No init found"

From: Joy Almacen (joy@empexis.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 10:47:00 EST

Tyler,

I do not have it on my lilo.conf file:

Here's my lilo with both the initrd enabled image and the
image with all my SCSI drivers compiled in.

boot=/dev/sda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
message=/boot/message
linear
default=linux-up

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.2-2smp
        label=linux
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.2-2smp.img
        read-only
        root=/dev/sda1

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.2-2
        label=linux-up
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.2-2.img
        read-only
        root=/dev/sda1

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.9-12smp
        label=2.4.9smp
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.9-12smp.img
        append="root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc rw"

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.9-12-smp-4th
        label=custom
        read-only
        append="root=/dev/sda1"

With the same results: Kernel panic: can not mount root "sda1"

Thanks in advance.

joy