Re: PCI Subsystem

From: Tyler BIRD (BIRDTY@uvsc.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 11:13:13 EST

You probably could compile your drivers as modules and load them
with io ports on the command line. Then they would for sure use the right ports.
I don't know why you aren't receiving the correct io/ports from the PCI Config Address Space
does your driver take advantage of the the PCI standard

>>> Jens Krüger <jens_krueger@frm2.tu-muenchen.de> 12/11/01 05:26AM >>>
Hi,
I have a little problem with the PCI subsystem. I tried to use two cards of
the Meilhaus Co.. If I use the PCI access mode 'any' I don't get the right
I/O ports of the cards. Next I tried the access mode 'Direct' ( the output of
the lspci -v command is listed in the attached file lspci.direct) and the
access mode 'BIOS' (the output is stored in the file lspci.bios). There are
some little differences in the output, but all seems the same except the
output of the two Meilhaus cards. I have no idea for this behaviour. I tried
these cards under DOS and I got the same information as for the BIOS access
mode (the programm access the BIOS too), but in this mode all other cards
especially network card and USB don't work, so I can't use this mode. My
question: Is there any idea (or hack) to solve this problem?

With regards

Jens

--

Jens Krnger

Technische UniversitSt Mnnchen ZBE FRM-II Lichtenberg-Str. 1 D-85747 Garching

Tel: + 49 89 289 14 716 Fax: + 49 89 289 14 666 mailto:jens_krueger@frm2.tu-muenchen.de http://www.frm2.tu-muenchen.de