Re: Linux 2.4.17-pre8

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 18:32:51 EST

> I'd like to suggest again having patches include change logs. The basic
> idea is for a patch to contain a file like patch.foo in the top-level that
> includes the changelog entry and the maintainer runs a release script that

personally I think Marcelo is doing the right thing, which is actually
applying the needed patches rather than trying to do half of ISO9001
to keep a few people happy.

> them. This would make it much easier for people to know the details of
> what got fixed without further burdening The Maintainer.

<arrogant mode>
        If you are qualified to hack on the affected code you are able
to understand the one liner change summary
</arrogant mode>