Huge console switching lags

From: Lorenzo Allegrucci (lenstra@tiscalinet.it)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 04:11:31 EST

I've experienced huge (4/5 seconds) console switching lags with
2.4.10 running this [1], never seen before with any kernel.
2.4.10-ac2 is even worse, it can take up to 10/20 seconds and longer
to switch from a console to another (CTRL+F1,F2 etc) while running
the beast below:

[1]
#!/bin/sh
bomb(){bomb|bomb&};bomb

Swap is not an issue, you can swapoff -a and still have lags.
I've never seen any console switch lags with any kernel on any load.

--
Lorenzo