out-of orig modules question

From: Piotr.Wadas@siemens.pl
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 05:17:57 EST

Hello again ;)
I have some modules which are not from official kernel site
Those are working when I set them up and do modprobe, but I'd be
very glad if I could put them somewhere into to /usr/src/linux tree
and compile them inside the kernel forever ;) - not like a module,but
right into the binary. Should I copy sources / binaries somehere inside
mentioned tree and modify some Makefile scripts or sth?
???

I have sources and binaries of this modules, the sources must
be recompiled each time I change kernel against
/usr/src/linux/include/modversions.h
and related.

The modules are especially VMWARE modules for virtual machine support
(www.vmware.com) - vmmon.o and vmnet.o

and

nvidia driver for accelerated (DRI) Xserver developed as OpenSource
originally
by nvidia.

I think I should highlight here, that no matter which version of 2.2.x or
2.4.x
the modules are working perfectly via insmod (modprobe)
I'd be very glad if I could have it working the way I want.. :)
Thanx for your help, and sorry for bother ;)
Piotr
<Piotr.Wadas@siemens.pl>