Building a new module from an existing one

From: Marcus Ramos (marcus@ansp.br)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 12:06:19 EST

Hello,

I plan to make a few changes to 3c90x.c (Ethhernet driver) located at
/usr/src/linux-2.2.16/drivers/net, in RH7. Since the correspondent
object file 3c90x.o resides in /lib/modules/2.2.16-20/net, I ask: how
shall I proceed in order to have the C file properly compiled and placed
in the right place, so that the modified version replaces the previous
one after system boot up ?

Thanks in advance,
Marcus.