[UPDATE] Zerocopy BETA 2 against 2.4.2 final.

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 01:01:53 EST

Usual place:

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/davem/zerocopy-2.4.2-1.diff.gz

Besides merging to the 2.4.2-final release there are two bug fixes:

1) New TCP receive queue collapser could trigger assertion failures
   in tcp_recvmsg(), reason: uninitialized skb->used field in fresh
   SKB allocated for collapsing.

2) IP header IDs are generated differently on big vs. little endian
   systems, added htons() to fix.

Some have asked why this isn't pushed to Alan for his AC patches yet,
the reason is that I want to fully resolve the final few performance
issues that remain (1.5K mtu on gbit still has some warts). Once
those are cleared and everyone involved is satisfied that there are no
performance regressions against vanilla 2.4.2, I will ask Alan to
consider including it.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com