Re: sendfile64?

From: Chris Wedgwood (cw@f00f.org)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 20:51:24 EST

    Why isn't there a sendfile64?

because nobody has implemented on -- arguably it's not needed; the
different between:

        sendfile64(...)

and

        while(blah){
                sendfile( ... 1G or so ...)
        }

probably won't be detectable anyhow. I see no reason why sendfile64
should be purely user-space (then again, I see no reason why not to
extend the kernel API as is, but last time I tested it is was busted
WRT signals so I would rather that be fixed before further
proliferation there).

  --cw