Re: problems with reiserfs + nfs using 2.4.2-pre4

From: Neil Brown (neilb@cse.unsw.edu.au)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 20:37:42 EST

On Tuesday February 20, alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk wrote:
> > This may seem like a lot, but several of these are already
> > requirements which most filesystems don't meet, and other are there
> > to tidy-up interfaces and make locking more straight forward.
>
> As a 2.5 thing it sounds like a very sensible path. It will also provide
> some of the operations groundwork needed for file systems that can only use
> NFS4 temporary handles

I had wanted to get it in before 2.4, but didn't quite make it.

I guess that means that, from your perspective, nfs exporting of
reiserfs remains an extra-kernel patch at least until 2.5 starts up
and the code has been tested extensively and it gets backported to
2.4, or maybe even until 2.6/3.0. Such is life.

NeilBrown