Re: aic7xxx (and sym53c8xx) plans

From: Peter Samuelson (peter@cadcamlab.org)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 15:27:14 EST

[Justin Gibbs]
> I've verified the driver's functionality on 25 different cards thus
> far covering the full range of chips from aic7770->aic7899.

That's very good to hear. I know the temptation of only testing on new
hardware; that's why I was concerned.

> Lots of people here at Adaptec look at me funny when I pull a PC from
> the scrap-heap, or pull an old, discontinued card from an unused
> marketing display for use in my lab

Heh. (:

BTW, is there really enough common ground between the whole series of
AIC chips to justify a single huge driver? I know they ship three
separate NT drivers to cover this range..

Peter