Re: Linux stifles innovation...

From: Dennis (dennis@etinc.com)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 15:08:48 EST

At 07:10 PM 02/16/2001, rjd@xyzzy.clara.co.uk wrote:
>Dennis wrote:
> > objective, arent we?
>Nope. Are you claiming to be?
>
> > For example, if there were six different companies that marketed ethernet
> > drivers for the eepro100, you'd have a choice of which one to buy..perhaps
>... Rant deleted
>
>I had a problem with eepro100.
>It was fixed same night cause I had the source.
>Don't even try to compare with MickyS**t.

good commercial drivers dont need fixing. another point. You are arguing
that having source is required to fix crappy code, which i agree with.

You "guys" like to have source, and there is nothing wrong with that. But
requiring that all code be distributed as source DOES stifle innovation.
Its as simple as that.