Re: unfair stress on non memory allocating apps while swapout (in 2.4)

From: Bernd Eckenfels (ecki@lina.inka.de)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 20:14:49 EST

In article <20001021234458.A20246@lina.inka.de> you wrote:
> I know it does thats why i have run that tool- The question is still, why
> gets my system unusable in the same second my systems starts to page out?

To follow up on myself: the question was why are programs which do not
allocate memory be delayed while one program is eating up all memory. This
clearly means they are not delayed in the malloc call but simply the kernel
will not schedule them while he is bussy to page out processes.

Greetings
Bernd