Re: Linux 2.2.18pre1

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 06:05:03 EST

> > Since 2.2.17 isnt out yet I've released 2.2.18pre1 versus 2.2.17pre20. So
> > you need to grab 2.2.16 then apply the 2.2.17pre20 patch then the 2.2.18pre
> > patch of choice.
>
> Well, I'm asking again, as usual, are you planning to integrate
> kernel-space NFSv3? I'd appreciate if you did.

People would appreciate lots of things but stability happens to come first.
Thats why its primarily focussed on driver stuff not on revamping the
internals. Right now Im not happy with the nfsv3 stuff I last looked at and
it seems to still contain things Linus rejected a while back.

I'd love to have raid 0.90, nfsv3 and the new ide stuff in but I cannot see
a path for that without breaking a supposedly stable product for other people
which is simply not acceptable.

Alan