Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggestsdelaying

From: Christopher Fisk (chrisf@mhonline.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 08:38:51 EST

>Cox> You are becoming the biggest hindrance to the acceptance of the file
>system your engineers are writing for you.
>
>Reiser questions Cox's personal integrity. Cox then suggests that Reiser's
>comments could hinder his code's inclusion in 2.4.
>
>For Cox to even suggest this as a pretext for exclusion merely confirms
>Reiser's perceptions. Decisions may be made on personal (not engineering)
>grounds.

I didn't read it like that, of course I'm more of a spectator here. but i
read this while not taking it out of context and it came over to me that
because Reiser was spending so much time stirring up things on
linux-kernel that his attention probably wasn't on fixing the things that
made Alan decide not to include the code. Which were pointed out. Didn't
seem like a personal reason for keeping the file system out.

Chris