Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggestsdelaying

From: colin@field.medicine.adelaide.edu.au
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 04:15:15 EST

Cox> You are becoming the biggest hindrance to the acceptance of the file
system your engineers are writing for you.

Reiser questions Cox's personal integrity. Cox then suggests that Reiser's
comments could hinder his code's inclusion in 2.4.

For Cox to even suggest this as a pretext for exclusion merely confirms
Reiser's perceptions. Decisions may be made on personal (not engineering)
grounds.

I would have hoped that Linux bundling decisions were exclusively
engineering-based, ``For however strong a new prince may be in troops, yet
will he always have need of the good will of the inhabitants, if he wishes to
enter into firm possession of the country.'' [Machiavelli, the Prince]

I should add, on a personal note, that I only speak freely because I have no
intention of ever adding a line to Linux kernel, unless it's forked.

Colin.

-- One out of one million residents, be a dissident, who ain't kissin' it.
-- Public Enemy, He Got Game.