Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggestsdelaying

From: Adam Sampson (azz@gnu.org)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 09:01:08 EST

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 03:22:46PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Just think of funny things like the experimental "bridging" feature (which
> > never really got stable) and alike.
>
> Just FYI Bridging is rock solid nowdays. It did take a long time to get
> there

UFS isn't (eats FreeBSD filesystems). NTFS isn't (eats W2K filesystems).
AFFS wasn't (last time I needed to use it). It's in most of our interests to
merge reiserfs ASAP, as distributions are going to include it whether or not
it's in the mainline kernel, and the fewer distribution-specific patches
there are, the easier it is to fix bugs.

--

Adam Sampson azz@gnu.org