Re: Debugging kernel over serial console?

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 18:11:14 EST

According to Juan J. Quintela:
> miquel> Just enable serial console and sysrq, then send a break and press ENTER.
> miquel> You will get a short usage summary. Then send a break and the sysrq
> miquel> command you want to execute.
>
> I try that here and no way. I have working serial console. I have
> working sysrq from main keyboard. If I do a break in the console
> nothing happens (yes, I have pressed p, enter, several other keys).

Should work. Under 2.3.x and 2.4.x, that is. Unless someone broke it-
that is entirely possible. Unfortunately, I have recently moved and do not
have a serial terminal at my disposal right now ..

With 2.2.x it is not supported in the stock kernel ofcourse.

> I use minicom, if that makes any difference, no problem to change to
> other comm program.

CTRLA-F,enter should do the trick with minicom.

Mike.