Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox

From: Matthew Kirkwood (weejock@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 08:12:31 EST

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> Right at the moment we are heading for a system where each train runs
> on a different kind of track

But if there's only one train anyway and its wheels are
advertised replacable, surely that's OK for now? I would
much rather reiserfs was not allowed to become the "new
RAID" of filesystems.

Besides, we have only one type of track here in the UK,
AFAIK, and you know fairly well that that doesn't help...

(BTW, Alan - I'm not arguing that *you* should put it in,
but merely that I don't buy the usual arguments against
it.)

Matthew
- who has 5 x 120Gb disk arrays bleating for LVM + reiserfs