Re: 2.4.0-test1-ac4 dies while booting

From: Gareth Hughes (gareth@precisioninsight.com)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 23:12:10 EST

Athur Pedyczak wrote:

> > > The subject says it all. I tried to boot 2.4.0-test1-ac4, early in the
> > > boot I got:

> > > after that there was an oops, but I didn't get the details cause the
> >
> > What CPU setting did you choose when building ?
>
> Pentium III

The floating point exception code for the Pentium III (CONFIG_X86_FX) is
pretty well broken in 2.4.0-test1. I've sent a patch to Alan and Linus
that fixes PIII SSE support and includes working FPU exception handling
for the regular and SIMD FPU.

Do you want to apply this in the 'ac' series, Alan?

-- Gareth